When I mentioned on social media that I was using only essential oil free products during my most recent pregnancy, I received a TON of questions as to why. Why was I avoiding essential oils in the first place? What products was I using? What skincare was safe to use during pregnancy?
While I am definitely not an expert on essential oils, I had done my own research and based on my findings, I felt most comfortable eliminating essential oils from all of my beauty and personal care products. For me, this was what I felt was the safest option. There are certainly many women who use essential oils during pregnancy, and there are some oils that are considered safe to use while pregnant, and that is totally fine, especially if used under the direction of a certified aromatherapist.
But, talking about whether or not to use essential oils during pregnancy isn’t the purpose of this post. It is, however, what brought me to discover a lot of wonderful natural and organic products that are completely essential oil free!
The reasons someone may decide to use products that are essential oil free may vary. As I mentioned above, for me, it was that I was pregnant, but for others, the issue with essential oils in skincare may be a sensitivity to the ingredients themselves or even to the scents. It can prove difficult to find unscented products in the green beauty space, but they are out there, and I’ve found some pretty great ones that I’m excited to share!
Read on to find my collection of skincare and personal care products that are all essential oil free. Many of these I have tried and used myself, while others are ones I have researched and not yet tried, but feel have clean ingredients or are from brands I have used and trust. I hope you find the below product suggestions helpful if you are in search of essential oil free products. Make sure to leave me a comment with your favorite essential oil free products if you don’t see it listed here!
Essential Oil Free and Fragrance Free Skincare Lines
Before we talk about the different products in each category specifically, I wanted to bring attention to a few skincare lines that are completely essential oil free and what products are carried within each line. Please note that these brands may carry other products that DO contain essential oils, so make sure you are only looking at these products that I mention below, and always check ingredients before trying, as product offerings and formulations can change periodically.
I was recently looking through the Wabi-Sabi Botanicals website for products for myself, as I have been interested in their brand since receiving one of their products in a subscription box a couple of years ago, and when reading their product descriptions, I started noticing that they were all listing that they contained no added essential oils. I was so surprised and didn’t know that this brand was formulated without essential oils, and even reached out to the brand to confirm. What a pleasant surprise!
I have sensitive, acne-prone skin myself and created the line to be really gentle and nourishing for all skin types without sacrificing efficacy. The oils and ingredients we use are so beautiful on their own without essential oils. – Creator Elysse on why she decided not to include essential oils in her products
They are a luxury clean beauty brand that is doing some pretty incredible things outside of crafting beautiful products. They have a focus on sustainability and most of their ingredients are sourced from small artisan producers and women-run cooperatives around the world. They are PETA Certified, cruelty-free and vegan, while also strictly avoiding palm oil, palm oil derivatives or other ingredients that can negatively impact the environment. I also have to mention that they invest 10% of their profits in micro-loans for female entrepreneurs across the globe – truly incredible! Here is what is included in the line:
Age Gracefully | Intensif Serum No. 3 ($59), Balancing Act | Intensif Serum No. 2($36), Blemish Correct | Intensif Serum No. 5 ($34), Heart Rising | Quintessential Hydrating Facial Mist ($55), Light Reveal | Intensif Serum No. 1 ($36), Moisture Boost | Intensif Serum No. 4 ($36), Still Waters | Soothing Ritual Facial Mist ($48), The Giver | Illuminative Ritual Cleanser and Makeup Dissolver ($60), The Offering | Ageless Ritual Facial Mist ($48), and Valley of Light | Illuminative Mask ($44)
Previse DermApothecary: ZeroFragrance Clinical Skincare Series
The ZeroFragrance Series is 100% vegan and is perfect for anyone with sensitivities to strongly scented products or for anyone with allergies, as the line contains zero artificial fragrance and zero essential oils. They have chosen instead to use natural marine and botanical ingredients which will have no perceivable smell. Included in this skincare series:
Purify Hydrating Skin Cleanser ($34), Marine Granules Skin Brightening Botanical Scrub ($45), Nutrify Ozone Defense Serum ($65), HydroFoam Rejuvenating Hyaluronic Moisturizer ($48), MommyBalm Stretch Mark Cream ($75), SOS Skin Rescue Healing Salve ($37), and BodyMist Skin Nourishing Body Oil ($22).
Solavedi: Hypoallergenic Line
I have used a number of products from this line myself while pregnant, and can tell you that these products are absolutely lovely. I was lucky enough to be gifted a trial set from The Choosy Chick, and I was beyond impressed and went on to purchase some of the products myself. As someone who has quite reactive skin and deals with a lot of redness and inflammation, using this line exclusively for several weeks resulted in skin that was hydrated, smooth and showed much less noticeable redness. My skin overall was much calmer and happier.
This line was especially created for pregnant or nursing moms, individuals who are or have recently undergone chemotherapy or for someone who has developed reactions to their skincare products.
There are times in our lives when our system just needs a rest, even from aromatherapy or herbal ingredients, as delightful and good as those can be. – Solavedi website
As mentioned above, The Choosy Chick does not currently carry all of the hypoallergenic products, but they can be purchased direct from the brand’s website. I will say that the website itself is a tad difficult to navigate, so I will link directly to each product so you won’t have to search for them. Through the website directly, they do offer samples for purchase of most of these products which is great as well! The hypoallergenic line includes:
Hypoallergenic Face Wash (sample $2.95/full size $24), Hypoallergenic Cleansing Oil (sample $3.75/full size $24), Pure Hyaluronic Serum (sample $10/full size $59) – This serum is awesome! I enjoyed adding it to their face cream for a great moisture boost! Hypoallergenic Face Cream (sample $4.95/$29 for 1 oz./$49 for 2.3 oz.) – This cream is a standout product for me! Green Tea Hyaluronic Eye Cream (sample $10/full size $39), Hypoallergenic Organic Body Cream ($39 for 8 oz./$59 for 16 oz.), and Olive + Zinc UV Protecting Hand Cream ($18)
Marie Veronique: Kristina Holey + Marie Veronique Skincare Collection
This beautiful collaboration is one that has been on my wishlist. It is created with some of the most potent and effective ingredients. It is designed for someone looking to repair their skin and make an investment into their skincare routine. Here is a little more detail about this unique line from the Marie Veronique website:
All the products are biomimetic, that is, they are specifically designed to help nature achieve optimum health by supplying the building blocks required for proper maintenance at all levels of the skin, from the stratum corneum down to the dermis. Skin microbiome balance, another important factor in the skin health equation, is also very much front and center in the design process.
The latest findings in skin physiology and microbiology drive MV+ KH design; for example the cutting-edge products make use of microceutical co-enzymes that kick-start biosynthetic processes, and take care to follow nature’s lipid management systems as closely as possible while at the same time avoiding ingredients like essential oils and microcidal preservatives that can interfere with healthy skin function. The result is products that have no scent, yet leave the skin feeling soothed, nourished, and ultimately, healthy.
Now, lets talk about what is included in this collection:
Pure + E.O. Free Oil Cleanser ($40), Balancing HypoTonic ($45), Intensive Repair Serum ($90), Soothing B3 Serum ($90), Barrier Restore Serum ($110), Barrier Lipid Complex ($95), Micronutrient + Hydro Mask ($135)
Peet Rivko is a natural skincare line that is completely essential oil free and formulated just for those with sensitive skin. The ingredients are plant based and chosen for their calming and restorative properties. They take it a step further though, and eliminate all harsh actives and irritants such as nut oils, limonene and floral extracts. Here are the products offerings you can find from this brand:
Continue reading below for essential oil free products listed by category…
- One of the easiest and typically fairly inexpensive ways to cleanse your face is by oil cleansing. You can choose any single organic oil (such as sweet almond, jojoba, castor, etc.) that suits your skin type. A little bit of research will help you to find an oil that will work best for your skin type.
- Aleavia: Purifying Facial Cleanse ($19.99)
- Worker b: Raw Honey Face Wash (I use the one for Normal to Dry skin, but there is one for oily skin as well!) ($36.00)
- Indie Lee: Brightening Cleanser ($34)
- OSEA: Ocean Cleansing Milk ($54)
- Blissoma: Free – Rejuvenating Herbal Gel Cleanser and Makeup Remover ($39)
- Root: Refreshing Coconut Micellar Water ($24/full size, $6/trial size)
- Using aloe water (such as George’s Aloe) or an organic coconut water are great and inexpensive toners. Both are gentle and provide wonderful hydration as well!
- Aleavia: Restore Soothing Mist (they have one for acne as well) ($29.99)
- OSEA: Sea Vitamin Boost ($38)
- Cocokind Skincare: Raspberry Vinegar Toner ($16)
- Blissoma: Serene – Sacred Waters Tonique ($32)
Facial Oils and Serums
- Leven Rose: This is a GREAT place to find single, mostly organic carrier oils that can be used for oil cleansing or moisturizing. They have a wonderful selection of products and what’s better is that you can get them on Amazon Prime! – ranging in price from around $13 to $22
- Acure: The Essentials Moroccan Argan Oil ($17.99)
- MUN Skincare: ARGAN Pure Argan Oil this product is worth the price in my opinion. It comes in a huge bottle, it is a super multi-purpose oil, and it feels like a much higher quality argan oil than other brands I have used ($70)
- Worker b: Dawn Serum ($39) and Dusk Serum ($39)
- Badger: Unscented Face Oil ($14.99)
- Live Botanicals: Aer Hyaluronic Acid Serum (I like to add this to my dry powder face masks for an extra boost of hydration!) ($30)
- OSEA: Hyaluronic Sea Serum ($88), Brightening Serum ($68), and Vitamin Sea Serum ($68)
- Cocokind Skincare: Chia Facial Oil ($16) and Facial Repair Oil ($14)
- Kypris: Antioxidant Dew ($90)
- Earthwise Beauty: Ruby Face Oil ($54)
- Ere Perez: Quandong Green Boost Serum ($34)
Facial Creams and Balms
- Kahina Giving Beauty: Facial Lotion ($68)
- Worker b: Unscented Lotion ($22)
- One Love Organics: Skin Dew Coconut Water Cream ($58)
- Meow Meow Tweet: Skin Cream ($25)
- Earthwise Beauty: Yasuni Face Balm ($110)
- Fitglow Beauty: Cloud Ceramide Cream ($89), Redness Rescue Cream ($69) and Cloud Comfort Cream ($84)
- Blissoma: Pure – Sensitive Care Complex ($50)
- CV Skin Labs: Calming Moisture ($49)
- Salis Skincare: Unscented Salt Scrub – works great on the face or on the body ($31.99)
- Meow Meow Tweet: Face Exfoliant ($20)
- OSEA: Vitamin C Probiotic Polish ($108)
- Blissoma: Lavish – Loving Recovery Beta-Glucan Mask ($50)
- Odacite: Synergie Immediate Skin Perfecting Masque ($64)
- OSEA: White Algae Mask ($48)
- Naturallogic: Soul Milk Mask ($54)
- Cocokind Skincare: Mymatcha All-over Moisture Stick ($9)
- Earthwise Beauty: Passion Eye Serum ($36)
- Blissoma: Bright-Eye Vitalizing Nutrient Serum ($56)
- Fitglow Beauty: Eye C Firm Cream ($79)
- 100% Pure: Bright Eyes Mask ($7)
- Kahina Giving Beauty: Prickly Pear Seed Oil Rollerball ($40)
- White & Elm: Everyday Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($28.95)
- Kari Gran: Three Sixty Five SPF 28 ($48)
- Ursa Major: Force Field Daily Defense Lotion with SPF 18 ($54)
- Raw Elements: Tinted Facial Moisturizer SPF 30 ($17.99)
- All Good: SPF 50+ Sport Sunscreen Butter Stick – these sticks work great for kids! ($15.99) and SPF 50+ Water Resistant Zinc Sunscreen Butter ($9.99)
- Badger: Clear Zinc Sunscreen SPF 30 ($16.99), Clear Zinc Unscented Sunscreen Lotion ($18.99), Clear Zinc Oxide Sport Sunscreen SPF 35 ($16.99), Tinted Sunscreen Unscented – SPF 30 ($15.99), Unscented Sunscreen – SPF15 (15.99)
- Raw Elements: Face + Body SPF 30 ($17.99), Face + Body SPF 30 Tin ($17.99), Baby & Kids SPF 30 Tin ($19.99), Baby & Kids SPF 30 Stick ($18.99)
- Earth Mama Organics: Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 40 ($14.99) and Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 25 ($13.99)
- Babo Botanicals: Baby Skin Mineral Sunscreen – SPF 50 ($19.95), Sheer Zinc Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 30 ($22), Clear Zinc Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 – Fragrance Free ($19.95),
- Organic coconut oil (if your skin does well with it) is a wonderful moisturizer for the body and is truly a multitasking product.
- MUN Skincare: ARGAN Pure Argan Oil – ($70)
- Acure: Everyday Eczema Lotion ($11.99)
- Bubble & Bee: Unscented Organic Body Butter ($16.95)
- Osmia Organic: Naked Body Oil ($20/1 oz. or $64/4 oz.)
- Booda Organics: Booda Butter Daily Moisturizer ($14)
- Kosmatology: Free & Clear (unscented) Lotion Bar ($10.99)
- Babo Botanicals: Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free Daily Hydra Therapy Lotion ($12.95)
- The Honest Co.: Organic Body Oil ($9.95) and Face + Body Lotion, Purely Simple Fragrance Free ($9.95)
Body Soaps & Washes
- Graham Gardens: Avocado and Oatmeal Soap ($5)
- Osmia Organics: Oh So Soap ($18)
- Babo Botanicals: Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free Hydra Therapy Wash ($19.95)
- Bubble & Bee: Organic Unscented Soap ($6) and Unscented Shower Gel ($11.99/8 oz.)
- Dr. Bronner’s: Pure Castile Bar Soap All-One Hemp Baby Unscented ($4.29)
- Schmidt’s: Bar Soap, fragrance free ($5.49)
- Booda Organics: Suds of Love All-in-One Soap ($6.95)
- Aleavia: Enzymatic Body Cleanse, unscented ($19.99)
- Green Tidings: All Natural Deodorant, unscented ($7.49)
- Schmidt’s: Natural Deodorant, fragrance free ($8.99), Sensitive Skin Formula, fragrance free ($10.99) and Deodorant Jar, fragrance free ($8.99)
- Earth Mama Organics: Simply Non-Scents Deodorant ($9.99)
- Rustic Maka: Natural Deodorant, Naughty Butter, unscented ($9.95)
- Lone: Bold Creme Unscented Deodorant – this is a baking soda AND wax free formula ($11.50) and Unscented Deodorant ($10.50)
- Acure: Fragrance Free Deodorant ($8.99)
- All Good: Deodorant – Unscented ($8.99)
- Booda Organics: Cream Deodorant ($7.95)
- Primal Pit Paste: Baking Soda Unscented Natural Deodorant Stick ($10.95), Zinc Unscented Natural Deodorant Stick ($10.95), Charcoal Unscented Deodorant Stick ($10.95), Magnesium Unscented Natural Deodorant Stick – Sensitive ($10.95), Baking Soda Unscented Natural Deodorant Jar ($8.95), Zinc Unscented Natural Deodorant Jar – Sensitive ($8.95), Magnesium Unscented Natural Deodorant Jar – Sensitive ($8.95), Charcoal Unscented Deodorant Jar ($8.95)
Baby & Kids
- Earth Mama Organics: Simply Non-Scents Baby Wash ($9.99)
- The Honest Co.: Shampoo + Body Wash, Purely Sensitive ($9.95) and Bubble Bath, Purely Sensitive ($11.95)
- Babo Botanicals: Sensitive Newborn Foam Baby Wash – Fragrance Free ($12.95) and Sensitive Baby Shampoo & Wash – Fragrance Free ($19.95)
- Osmia Organics: Oh So Soap ($18)
Moisturizing Lotions and Balms
- Zoe Organics: Cream ($17.95)
- Earth Mama Organics: Simply Non-Scents Baby Lotion ($17.99)
- Pleni Naturals: Berry + Olive Baby Balm ($15.99) and Cucumber + Grape Baby Oil ($15.99)
- CV Skin Labs: Calming Moisture for Face, Neck and Scalp ($49)
- Babo Botanicals: Sensitive Baby Daily Hydra Baby Lotion – Fragrance Free ($12.95)
- The Honest Co.: Organic All-Purpose Balm ($12.95)
- Buttercup & Jake: Cocoa Calendula Balm ($12.50)
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this collection of essential oil free products helpful. Make sure to leave a comment with your favorite EO free products if you don’t see them listed here!
This article was originally published on naturallykeri.com
*Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in the above post. By using these links, you will not pay more, but I may receive a small percentage of a sale from you purchasing a product through my links or by using my discount codes. If you do choose to use these links, I truly appreciate your support! Please view my full disclosure page HERE for more information.